The Percentage of Income Payment Plan Plus (PIPP Plus) is an extended payment arrangement that helps Ohioans maintain their natural gas and/or electric service. Regulated gas and electric companies accept payments based on a percentage of the customer’s household income.

The program provides customers with a consistent payment amount year round and customers who pay on-time and in-full receive credit for the balance of their current bill as well as credit to reduce their outstanding balance. Over 24 months, a customer can eliminate their outstanding balance by paying on-time and in-full.

Who is eligible for PIPP Plus?

Ohioans with a household income at or below 175 percent of the federal poverty guideline that are a customer of a Public Utility Commission of Ohio-regulated gas or electric utility.

*This information is taken from the Ohio Development Services Agency. For more information, click here.

Download the Energy Assistance Application

Required Documentation for Energy Assistance

For some customers, applying for PIPP Plus does not require a face-to-face meeting. You are able to complete the application and send it and all required documentation to the address listed above. If you need help, or would prefer a face-to-face meeting, you must call (216) 350-8008 to make an appointment.

If you have zero income or odd jobs/other income, you must have a face-to-face interview in order to reverify/enroll on PIPP Plus. Those customers are not allowed to drop off nor mail applications into OCA or to CEOGC.

The program operates each week day at the NEW HEAP Office located at 2203 Superior Ave. in Cleveland. You must call (216) 350-8008 to make an appointment. In order to apply for emergency energy assistance, a resident must have the most recent bills for gas and electric utilities, proof of U.S. residency, photo identification, Social Security numbers for all household members and verification of all income for all household members over the age of eighteen for the previous 12 months. For those households who have no income, an IRS Tax Transcript is required. Self-employed applicants must provide an IRS transcript and/or 1040 including all schedules. Renters living in multi-unit dwellings may be required to provide their landlord’s name and contact information.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email