Home Base Head Start
What is Home Base Head Start?
Home Base is a Head Start program that provides FREE education to income-eligible children (ages 0 to 5 years) and families right in your own home. A teacher will come to your home once a week for 90 minutes to meet with you and your child. If you have more than one child participating in Home Base Head Start, the teacher will stay for an additional 30 minutes per child.
Why Might I Choose Home Base?
Home Base Head Start teachers follow the Parents as Teachers curriculum, which is a parent-driven curriculum that allows parents to take the lead on their child’s learning even when the teacher is not in the home. Home Base Head Start allows you, the parent, to prepare your child for Kindergarten. You won’t need to travel to take your child to school; Home Base teachers come right to your home!
How Do I Get More Information?
There are many reasons why Home Base Head Start could be the right choice for you and your child. If you have questions about the program, or if you want more information about this option, call Home Base Coordinator Natalie Nemanic at (216) 696-9077 ext. 271, or send her an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also start the enrollment process online now by clicking here.
The program has been a Godsend for our family; our children receive a customized educational experience. I recommend it to any parent who is looking for help with educating their child at home.Danielle, Home Base Head Start parent
Home Base is Educational
- Home Base Head Start students receive on-going assessments
- Assessments are completed by the teacher and the parent in order to track the child’s development throughout the school year
- These are the SAME assessments used in CEOGC’s Head Start classrooms
Home Base is FUN
- Throughout the school year, CEOGC hosts field trips to locations across the Cleveland area
- Twice a month, CEOGC also provides a chance for all Home Base families to get together
- At the events, lunch is provided, there are fun activities for the students and parents receive resources to help their child continue down a successful path!